8/19/09

quickie: faith

so i am sitting downtown, laptop in my lap obviously, and i have been working hard all day for nothing. nothing in the sense of no monetary compensation. my volunteer work this summer has keep my design sensibilities firing but also introduced me to some really cool people. i like them, they are sweet, and they like me & my sensibility & skill. i have people coming to me for my skill instead me coming to them for their money. how cool is that! also there may be a cool development in the works that i will share more about later but if it works out...honey. lemme tell ya, i will dance a jig. i swear.

so i am thinking bout faith. we ride on it like a horse. we count on it like numbers. we live by it like law. but it is so enigmatic and untouchable but yet one of the most powerful forces driving so many lives. so many decisions. is it stupid? no.

its just the cushion we give ourselves to do what we want and/or need to do without fear. because of this invisible force field of faith we are invincible. risky behavior but shoot even breathing these days can get you killed.

faith is something that i think can be abused much like anything in the world but when used with respect & purity of heart, mind, and conscience then believe me you won't regret it, come what may.

2 comments:

Sam said...

well put Amina. It's good to hear from somebody who is confident about the path they're going on- I certainly wish I had the same piece of mind most of the time! good luck with the new development. lovin' the blog (and thanks for the comment too!)

MinaMachelle said...

aw thanks, sam u r too sweet. ur drawings always make me happy so expect frequent commentary lol and i think u do have peace of mind sam but u function in frenzied chaos better. i think at least creatively. if u were ever truly settled u probably get would get bored. lol